Rockets Target Kabul Presidential Palace As US Afghan Draw Down Enters Final Days

ALL THE DEAD/SCREWED UP AMERICAN KIDS.
ALL THE DEAD AFGHANISTAN CHILDREN.
BROUGHT TO YOU BY PENTAGON ROPE CHEWING “generals”, IsraHELL AND THEIR BITC# GEORGE BUSH.
AND THE Taliban OWNS AFGHANISTAN, JUST LIKE 20 YEARS AGO BEFORE USA INVADED IN A WAR CRIME BASED ON DAMN LIES THE “generals, IsraHELL AND BAD BUSH KNEW WERE LIES.

The Ole Dog!

Amid the US troop exit which is set to be ‘complete’ by August 31, based on Biden’s previously expressed timetable for withdrawal, Afghanistan’s presidential palace is already coming under rocket fire in what could be the early beginnings of a near-future Kabul offensive.

“At least three rockets hit near the presidential palace on Tuesday shortly before Afghan President Ashraf Ghani was to give an address to mark the major Muslim holiday of Eid al-Adha,” The Associated Press reports. Later the Islamic State claimed responsibility for the attack through one of its regional propaganda channels.

A vehicle near the scene was completely destroyed, and despite there being no reported injuries, Afghan police are alarmed at how deeply inside a secured part of the city the attackers reached. “The palace is in the middle of a so-called Green Zone that is fortified with giant cement blast walls and barbed wire, and streets near the palace have long been closed off,” AP notes.

There’s long been concern that the Taliban could soon be close enough to Kabul to initiate an offensive on the capital. US intelligence previously predicted that the national government could collapse, with Kabul potentially overrun within six months of the US forces withdrawal.

Earlier this month President Biden declared with US troop exit more than 95% complete, but at the same time the Taliban has gobbled up territory at lighting pace. Referencing the ongoing onslaught in various parts of the country, Afghan President Ashraf Ghani said during a speech marking a major Muslim holiday: “The Taliban have no intention and willingness for peace.” He said further, “We have proven that we have the intention, the willingness and have sacrificed for peace.”

On Wednesday Gen. Mark Milley, chair of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, held out hope that Afghan forces will eventually push back the Taliban. Speaking at a Pentagon press briefing, he said, “I don’t think the end game is yet written,” and specified that “A negative outcome, a Taliban automatic takeover, is not a foregone conclusion.”

He suggested that large gains in terms of physical territory taken does not equate to holding high population areas. His remarks struck a rare tone of optimist, as Politico relates of his words:

Milley defended the strategy of the Afghan national security forces, who he said are consolidating to protect the major population centers, where most Afghan civilians are located.

He contested the narrative that “the Taliban is winning,” saying the group is “propagating an inevitable victory” and “dominating the airwaves.”

While “strategic momentum appears to be with the Taliban” right now, a lot could happen over the rest of the summer”, Milley said.

MORE DRIVEL FROM RPOE CHEWING West Point “generals”:
https://www.zerohedge.com/geopolitical/rockets-target-kabul-presidential-palace-us-afghan-draw-down-enters-final-days

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

The maximum upload file size: 256 MB. You can upload: image, audio, video, document, spreadsheet, interactive, text, archive, code, other. Links to YouTube, Facebook, Twitter and other services inserted in the comment text will be automatically embedded.