Trump is appointing John Bolton as his National Security Adviser.
Who’s John Bolton?
- He’s one of the key architects of the Iraq war, who previously admitted that the Iraq war was about oil, not protecting the United States from weapons of mass destruction.
- He has also openly called for partition of Iraq and Syria into a number of different countries – as Bolton’s beloved Neocons have been planning for over 20 years.
- He has repeatedly called for launching a first strike on North Korea, scuttling the nuclear arms deal with Iran, and then bombing that country too.
- He is hostile to the idea of international law, having once declared, “It is a big mistake for us to grant any validity to international law even when it may seem in our short-term interest to do so—because over the long term, the goal of those who think that international law really means anything are those who want to constrain the United States.”
- He wanted the U.S. to go to war with Cuba over WMDs that didn’t exist.
- He advised Obama to assassinate Libyan leader Gaddaffi.
- He suggested that Israel should nuke Iran.
- He helped cover up the Iran-Contra scandal.
Trump also appointed Mike Pompeo to head the CIA and has nominated him to helm the State Department. And Trump nominated Gina Haspel to replace Pompeo as CIA chief. Both Pompeo and Haspel are torture-promoting warmongers.
Make no mistake: Trump is gearing up for war.